Sunday, June 11, 2017

9 ways to FIND our PASSION

Artist: unknown


No one can give us "permission" 
nor can they deny us permission 
to be ourselves 
and create our world the way 
we want it to be. 

We need to let our passion lead us...

the strong, enthusiastic devotion 
to a cause, ideal, or goal 
and tireless diligence in its furtherance. 






What is your passion? 
Here are some of the most inspiring quotes that have helped me FIND MY PASSION.


-Do what you love
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened.
Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and
kiss the ground.

~ Rumi

This quote was taped to my cubicle's overhead cabinet for about 5 years and that was over 10 years ago. I read it, meditated on it and I QUESTIONED MYSELF...WHAT DO I LOVE??? Rumi has inspired me with many quotes; this one was a cornerstone of finding my passion.

2- Just DO IT!

Find out what you like doing best,
and get someone to pay you for doing it.
~Katharine Whitehorn

I have FINALLY found a company that will PAY me for doing what I love: learning and reading. Apart from self-employment, I am self-contracted to read and score public school (perhaps private schools as well) computerized "papers": writing, science, math, etc. 


3- Do it NO MATTER WHAT
Find what you love to do
that no one could pay you NOT to do
and you would pay for the privilege to do!
(quote rephrased)

This quote has single handedly, though quotes have no arms they still have a reach, to spurn, provoke and PUSH me to think about all that I have DONE that I have loved in this way.
A-No one and I truly mean NO ONE on this Planet could pay me NOT to write and sing!
B- I have sung in Classical choirs; I have even "paid" dues to belong to it. I have done "volunteer" work that could have been monetized.

4- Make friends who think BIG
Keep away from people
who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you,
too, can become great.

~Mark Twain

I have constantly searched for mentors and those who will, through their greatness, encourage and help me develop my greatness as well.



5- Don't wait for a "lighting strike of inspiration"
 People think of these eureka moments
and my feeling is that they tend to be little things,
a little realisation and then a
little realisation built on that.
~Roger Penrose (English Physicist)
I personally have found small but very real moments of great insight; some are quiet and some can be more earth shattering. Our discoveries of ourselves seem to be given to us, in my opinion, when we can handle them...Meditating and writing for me, have been very instrumental in helping me discover my passion AND my adjoining skill to "learn to dream again".  


6- Rediscover what you loved to do as a child
I do hear from people at my exhibition about seeing these things made from this toy from their childhood, 
and it brings them back. 
They'll go and buy a set of Lego from the gift shop 
because of that nostalgia and seeing it at the art exhibition. 
~Nathan Sawaya (American Artist) 

I used to LOVE to "color" with a coloring book and sometimes, my own style of "abstract art" using color and patterns, though to this day I consider myself to be "artistically challenged" in physical art. My art is singing. I would stand up on a chair with a spoon at age 4 and sing "Downtown" by Petula Clark, belting it out (I didn't sound like her then, or even now, I LOVE her voice and that song). I've been singing in choirs, groups, duets and solos since 5th grade. I started teaching my sister when I was 11 and started writing poetry shortly after that. I wrote several short stories in High School. I started journaling and had done so for many years, blogging followed and then the FaceBook pages and groups, like this blog and Singing a New Song (page on FaceBook and Pinterest) 
7- Go ahead and CREATE something NEW
The goal of education 
is not to increase the amount of knowledge 
but to create the possibilities 
or a child to invent and discover, 
to create men 
who are capable of doing new things. 
                                                    ~Jean Piaget (Swiss Psychologist) 

I have always felt that OPENING OUR CREATIVITY is both the journey of finding our passion and allowing our passion to move us along. I had allowed fear of NOT succeeding slow me down here...DO NOT let that happen to you. Create something without judgement. It has been easier for me to write a song, perform it and record it than to write an article or short story (I am working on a current book; compilation of stories, biography of sorts and it will be new; that I am aware anyways) 
8- IMAGE IN...or IMAGINE your PASSION
If you can imagine it,
You can achieve it,
You can dream it,
You can become it.
~William Arthur Ward

This is our "Can Do" attitude. Let your imagine run wild!!!! Imagine, achieve, dream, BE!!!!


9 - LET yourself BE yourself

 When I let go of what I am, 
I become what I might be
~Lao Tzu (Founder of Taoism)

Last but NOT least...a quote that have ELIMINATED SELF JUDGEMENT... 
just LET GO of who you think you are so that you CAN become WHO you might be!!!!

Check out SINGING A NEW SONG on Facebook and Pinterest!!!!
Thanks for reading and please FEEL FREE TO SHARE!!!!!

Denise E Rose
Singing a New Song
Blogger and FB Admin











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...