Sunday, April 5, 2020

When dreams come true



It's another lazy Sunday; a day for banana bread in the oven and a steaming cup of tea or coffee. It's still dark and the birds are having morning song. Apart from that, there is near silence. At only 6 am on Palm Sunday, I don't think I even hear a car through my slightly opened window, either along my street or a few streets away where there is a main thoroughfare. The CoVid-19 Pandemic is upon us. We are at home. We may only go out for groceries or a much needed time of walking barefoot upon the grassy patches in our backyards, a park or a run along the Greenway.  We are in North Carolina, not one of the hardest-hit states or places in the World. This pandemic is surreal. When did we ever think that we would be immobilized by an unseen enemy? When face masks and glove-wearing was the necessary norm?  But this is our reality now and in it, we are desperately trying to conjure up a deeper meaning and purpose for our lives...it is when a time like this is upon us, that I see the opportunity to turn to self-improvement and reconstruction of reality. 


I turn to evaluate my life, exploring and re-examining my aspirations and dreams. Recounting the blessings of my life after abuse and having "finding myself, healing from abuse and learning to dream again" and I am happy. 
           Imagine, if only for a moment, that we are NOT here at this time, in this place with this situation. 

We transcend the reality that seems so hard to grasp and we allow ourselves to BE outside of all the limitations, restrictions and safety precautions, if only for a few moments. As Carl Jung put it; it is time to AWAKEN to our inner world. We no longer can deny it and just move throughout our lives in futility. It is TIME to awaken to the dreams that have placated our wounded souls. It is time to "find ourselves, heal from abuse and MOVE ONE and learn to dream again". As I have shared, I HAVE seen my DREAM COME TRUE. It was a beautiful dream. It turned into a horrific nightmare BUT I accomplished seeing my dream come true and MOVED ON.

It is time for our dreams to become an awareness that we ACT upon and realize. We awaken to the fact that our World is NOT what we once thought it was. It is unreal now. This is our reality. Let's RECREATE our inner world and find the true joy and peace and love that we have been looking so desperately to find outside of ourselves.
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart...(Carl Jung)

I'm wishing you MUCH health, peace, and personal growth and transformation at this most challenging, yet opportunistic time in our lives and histories. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...