Friday, December 27, 2019

When are we healing verses just coping???

My "Free to be Me, at last" vision board, 2010.

💥💥💥As this 2019 (where did this year go??? heck, what happened to the whole decade???) comes to a quick close; I realize that I have failed to post regularly and I apologize for that. I was sitting with my green tea this morning, realizing that my dreams might have been hindered by my own blocked emotions. It sounds simple. But I did not see myself as being emotionally stuck or hurt or "frozen". 









🙋I joined Jack Canfield's
Breakthrough 2020 private FB group.   (based upon his The Success Principles book) 

Jack's invitation to you!!! 

  
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, textI’m giving away some valuable *free training* in the New Year that will help you release the blocks that have been holding you back - so you can finally create the life you want and make the 2020s your best decade ever! I recently went through this training myself and it has transformed my life... I was able to heal some subconscious blocks that had been controlling my thoughts and behavior since I was a child! Learn more about this powerful training series and register here...


I shared my link to this blog and my Singing a New Song page; over 10 years old, in the private group. I have always championed the abuse survivor, or the abused depending upon their healing journey and how they perceived themselves. As with most people, I thought I was all healed and able to Breakthrough any emotional pain until I signed up for it, wrote this post and then thought about it. I realized that I have DEEP sadness, maybe some that I am not yet letting go of and being totally free from the stifling effects of the painful memories of the abuse and loss that I have endured especially since the beginning of this blog. Ironic, isn't it??? I have truly been on my healing journey but I have been dealing with abuse and inner conflict about abuse that only began AFTER I began this blog and FB page.

Why have I seen a detachment and denial as healing rather than the coping mechanisms they truly are? I assumed that I was healed...but I think that I have realized that I have COPED very well, but not fully HEALED. I hope that Jack's 3 free seminars online will assist me in uncovering my pain; releasing my sadness and learning how to "live fully, freely and over the top!!!" in ways that I have yet to experience.

When we look back upon this decade, what will we see of our healing journey. Will it be a coping coverup or have we truly healed from the abuse and pain we've endured? I guess that being in an abusive marriage with a "christian" man who helped bring into existence the most wonderful, now young man, who has been with me since age 8, I was just entering the healing journey when I began this blog and FB page Singing a New Song. 

So, to make a longer story shorter, I am LEARNING HOW TO DREAM AGAIN...It's like I am on my 2nd and DEEPER healing journey. I now have BIGGER dreams. I know dreams CAN come true because I have made them come true in the past...now for the future. 
 
I know this may seem trite or superficial to you; but to me, it is a long overdue acceptance of the MASSIVE LOSS that I have endured: Loved ones, precious memorabilia and personal items. I have had to LET THEM GO...but I still have the sadness of that loss reminding me that I am still healing!!!!

I hope that this small glimpse into my heart will encourage you to do the same. Are you just coping (and seemingly doing very well with that) but realize that you have not fully healed from the abuses you have endured and others have inflicted upon you??? Don't be afraid. The memories, even the pain of the loss, can hardly cause you any pain now, it is just the awareness of the LOSS of your self, your person, your hopes and dreams that bring the sadness to the surface. Don't be like an iceberg and only live in the top 10% of your conscious living. Choose to "live deliberately" (Henry David Thoreau, Walden)

I hope this brings you HOPE to your healing and TRULY, in 2020, you will start SINGING A NEW SONG... 
With MUCH love, peace, love and prayers,
D 💓🙏

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...