Thursday, February 28, 2019

Singing a New Song

  Singing a 
NEW  Song                                             






Singing a New Song has been in blog form since 2010 and on Facebook as "Singing a New Song" where we can "find yourself, heal from abuse and learn to dream again. It has been a really wonderful spiritual and healing journey for me. I have journeyed

 from being a born again Christian to almost agnostic for a few years when I returned to my first love, in hopes that his love would be the love that I had been looking for...to becoming a Baha'i, a much more loving and mature woman who was not afraid to tackle the big, ugly parts of myself like the prejudice and judgement I had for others of other races, colours and religions. 

I have found myself. I found that I am a very passionate, compassionate and vivacious person who dreams big and acts upon it. I have found more than my self, I have found my power and potency, my capacity and calling, my love and my life. I see myself in a much bigger picture now. A huge picture and I seem very small but important.

I have healed from abuse; after dealing with both a narcissistic abuser and then a truly mentally ill love, I learned to forgive. Them and myself. I have really learned how to "live and let live". I have found peace and a new journey. I have truly learned and have been "singing a new song" for the past few years. It takes time to heal from abuse. We need to detach emotionally so that we can see our lives in the big picture. We need to see our abuser as they are; whether is emotionally and mentally healthy or not. They are who they are. We cannot change them, we cannot and do not want to control them and we cannot cure them...either the obtuse abuser or the mentally ill. 

Most important for me, I had learned to DREAM again!!!! It's only been about 3 years; it two years after leaving my mentally ill loved one, whom I wish well, always and nearly 8 years since my divorce from the narc abuser/father of my son. My dreams are SO MUCH BIGGER than them. Their place is my life is OVER. My dreams need that space "in my head", not them. I dream of going to France, living there, traveling and meeting a man who will be my best friend.

I have enjoyed sharing my insights, pains, joys, and successes with you. I hope you see that EVERYONE is capable of living a happy life. We do not and should NEVER depend upon anyone else for our happiness. We are the music makers and dreamer of dreams. If we don't dream and make that music, there is no one who is able to do it for us. Personal accomplishment is satisfying. We are MORE powerful than we think and we CAN "find ourselves, heal from abuse and learn to dream again". We are ABLE to be "Singing a New Song". 

Well, dear one, it's time for you to move on and enjoy your life...I hope that I have shared encouraging insight into how we can overcome abuse. You can do it, I have and I know that you can do it too...there is a LIFE out there, just waiting for you. I have found mine and I hope and pray that you find yours.

Sending much love and sincere best wishes,
Denise  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...