Thursday, July 16, 2020

Finding the REAL you



Singing a New Song: 
Finding yourself, healing from abuse and learning to dream again.

That's what this blog; Facebook page is all about; becoming the best YOU!!!! No matter what has happened TO you or within you. YOU deserve to heal, grow and enjoy your life.


Finding the REAL you...what motivates you???



I had an insight; a lightning bolt so to speak that I'd like to share with you...What have you done that you are proud of, happy about, feel satisfied with having DONE? It can be a tangible accomplishment like painting a mural, writing a song, rebuilding a car, designing a deck for your home, landscaping your backyard, etc.

Now, let's think about ONE of them and ask ourselves "WHY am I glad that I did that?" That is something that I have accomplished. My creation. My work of art, etc. 

Am I glad that I DID it or could it be, that I am more satisfied IN THE PROCESS of doing it??? And this is perhaps why authors, musicians, artists, any creative person may feel a "let down" after finishing that project. It was the JOY of doing that brings LIFE to us.

Or could it be something else???

For example; using my life and sharing some truly heartfelt thoughts with you:

  • These are also met in my songwriting, singing/performing and recording. You can hear some of my original songs at Voice of the Shepherd Worship.com. My songwriting partner, songwriter/keyboardist, Jeff would say "Songwriting is like giving birth to something that had not been created before". The process is like being pregnant, the birthing is just that...and then... the song is like a child in its mother's arms. Softly cradling it and looking at it in awe; a new life; though it came from me, it is "it's own". 
  • I feel ALIVE when I am collaborating on a new song with my songwriting partner in Voice of the Shepherd; I always have and I don't expect that to ever change. Finding a good partner "in crime", in the arts, that is, is rare. And I know that we were tremendously BLESSED to have met, worked together and then just recently, have our music put online (Voice of the Shepherd Worship.com.) and THEN talk about writing more songs (about 16 are being looked at for the new project) and putting MORE music online. 

I realized today that though I am a "doer", that it is in the act of doing, the travel, is more satisfying that the destination. It is more important for me that I am growing and learning from the experience, even more than completing it. Maybe that is why I have started so many things and lost interest in them; it was not the "end product" that motivated me but the process and progress of the learning and doing that motivates me. 

So, if DOING is your thing. 
Or if the PROCESS is your focus...
Have you thought of WHO you are becoming in all of this??? 
This is what  has provoked me to write this today. I realize that the bottom line is for me; I MUST learn and grow or I will not take any joy in "doing" or "progressing". There's NO point in it for me.

When we look back upon our lives; hopefully, we do that often, but reflect upon what "we have done", don't forget to reflect and HONOR what we have become through it. For me, that is the real reward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...