Saturday, June 11, 2011

Can a NEW YEAR bring new life?

You have heard people say that there was a "turning point" in their lives. I have had many. The most recent being when I realized that my second marriage had long since ended and that it was time to put it to rest and move on with my life. It was on New Year's Eve; 2010 when my son lying asleep on our couch and me, watching PBS and my favorite pianist Lang Lang. I turned it to one of the "New Year's Eve" countdown shows and watched and prayed and when the clock struck MIDNIGHT and the NEW YEAR began I prophesied that "this would be MY year!!!". Little did I know what TRUTH that I was declaring and decreeing into my life. There was no fanfare or pomp; just a DEEP NEED and KNOWING that "this year would be MY year". It has started off by realizing definitely that my marriage to an abusive and controlling "christian" man had ended and when he said "I have NEVER verbally abused you" I got up from his kitchen table and walked toward the door. He mumbled some sorry apology and excuse about "making me upset", I told him that I was not upset or that what he said "made me mad" and it did not make me mad but I could honestly reply that "I realize that there is NO HOPE for any relationship with you" and I meant it. From the bottom of my heart; he had controlled, lied, manipulated, betrayed confidence and defiled trust to the point of "no return".

It was just a few short weeks into the NEW YEAR that the workplace that I had been employed in for the past 10 years suffered an horrendous and tragic loss of an employee. A freak accident occurred where she fell, went into a coma and was taken off life support within a week. I realized with this tragedy that I HAD CONTROL over some part of my life even though I was still married to an abusive man and had to leave his home with our son to get away from him. As I mourned for our employee, her family and my workplace my heart was turned to my First Love. He had been on my heart and mind for over 25 years after a passionate and loving betrothal. We were not married at that time; but separated until I decided; that whether I was "still married" or not, I HAD to contact him. My heart ached to know how he was.

Apart from this; I am STILL singing a NEW song. A bit of a different song that I have sung; an old familiar song in many ways, a song of lost love and missed opportunities and HOPE that I have not felt for over 25 years.

CAN a New Year bring new life??? It can if we are willing to let go of the old one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...