Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Taking "one step at a time"

Patience has not always been my strongest characteristic or personality trait BUT I have learned over the years that being patient, taking things slowly and deliberately, circumspectly (being wise that is) and taking "one step at a time" is the most careful and sure way to "walk out life".

For example, having been in an abusive household at birth; my dad was a Narcissist/alcholic-gambler but a hard working "family man" who really just lived his life as he wanted and support his wife and 3 kids with the physical needs in life. Never went to Disneyland or camping. Was promised to be taken to "Kiddie Land" park and I remember the rude awakening of having promises broken, time and time again by my father. So far, trusting men was not going to be easy. I also had some issues with my brother, whom I love, but in the "growing up" period there was "inappropriate" behavior that I had to learn to deal with all my life. 2-0. I had boyfriends in school; nice boys. I dated a little in college and stop dating all together when I met the Love of my life. The ONLY man whom I could ever really trust up to that time and currently. We had a tragic break up; I fell into my first husband's arms on the rebound and was with him for 7 years; divorced and was single again. Met husband #2 and the number 2 describes him wonderfully; he was full of crap. He claimed to be a christian but to make a LONG story short; he was NOT anything that was honoring to any god; let alone the one that he made up to worhip, mainly himself. He was a "self-proclaimed" prophet with "insider information" on the End of Time. Hot air.

Getting my life back after this has been ONE step at a time; in the right direction. We all have the right to LIVE and breath and have our being in TRUTH and not depend upon others who are not trustworthy. Growth requires patience. Taking one step at a time has helped me to "take hold" of the person and woman whom I am becoming more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...