Saturday, November 5, 2011

Is that your FINAL answer?


Haven't we all asked the question "What is the purpose of life?" We ask "Is this ALL my life is about, isn't there ANY more to it than THIS?", "WHO should I trust?", "WHAT can I do?", "WHEN will it be "my turn" for happiness?", "WHERE do I look for peace in my life?" or  even "WHY does he treat me so badly; will he ever change and respect me as I deserve"?

HOW can I cope with all of this?" 

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. 
Uncertainty is the very condition 
to impel man to unfold his powers.
Erich Fromm

We ALL seem to want a final answer and get "resolve" on the sometimes unresolvable issues in our lives. I think a great part of stress for me is NOT having the "final answer" but finding that I had to make decisions that affected my life POSITIVELY without all the information "that I would have liked to have had". I say it that way because, sometimes, a NON-answer CAN BE answer enough for us. If we let it be, that is. I try to ask myself and challenge you to ask yourself  
"What do I really want in (or out of) life?" 

Take a moment to listen and be inspired by this wonderful song and video:
(courtesy of www.LoveSpeakes.com)
 
If you are like me, you want happiness, health, freedom to "be who you really are" and love on a daily basis. That answer does not place any need or desire on "knowing the answer for every question" that I have in life. Isn't that funny? NOT having the answer may not affect the quality and enjoyment of my life...That is a great realization. It is not so much the end result (having the answer) that matters but HOW we learn to cope with living with uncertainty that is out of our control and realm of influence. Uncertainty can thwart our plans, slow us down or discourage us but sometimes not "having the answer" could be answer enough for us if we only ask ourselves "what do I really want?" .

If I run across a magic Genie's lamp on a beach; I know that one of my "three wishes" would NOT be to "know the answer to every question" but I would make sure that ONE wish would be that I have all that I need to live life to the fullest and "let the uncertainties be what they will".

"Uncertainty  is the only certainty there is, 
and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security." 
John Allen Paulos


If this feel that this entry was inspiring or gave you a glimmer of hope that you had not felt before; please comment or check a REACTIONS box below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...