Sunday, April 29, 2012

 This is VERBAL ABUSE
 author unknown, shared anonymously

once more your voice descending
I’m crashing to the floor
the honeymoon is ending
like so many times before


broken pieces of my heart
have fallen on the ground
from years of bad dreams coming true
of comfort never found

that girl I was at twenty
who trusted only you
bit by bit has slipped away
as the pile of pieces grew

you finally have robbed me
of the me I thought was there
I’m remade in your image
your little teddy bear

sorrow has dissolved my soul
tears have drowned my mind
pain has killed my spirit
from being kicked so many times

although you are beside me
screaming how I am wrong
your grimaces I cannot see
your rage is all but gone

I am no more, I do not fear
you shouting from above
as you drive another nail into
the coffin of my love

original author: 
Thanks for letting me share.

-c.


This poem uses imagery from books on verbal abuse written by Patricia Evans. 

SPEAK OUT!!!