Monday, April 23, 2012

Taking GOOD care of myself

I really enjoy a good cup of tea in a china cup from a china tea pot; warmed in the traditional English style. I love the scent of blossoming lilacs. I love the color purple and the scent of these beautiful flowers. 


I can more easily enjoy the SIMPLE PLEASURES IN life; what we all need to take good care of ourselves. It may take some discipline or better yet a renewed focus ON ONESELF in order to get to the place where we can enjoy the "simple pleasures" again. I am definitely a woman who believes in the Simple Joys of life and I embrace them whenever they are available and even create opportunities to enjoy what I want to enjoy when I want to enjoy it. When we are in an abusive relationship or have contact with an abusive person who demeans, discounts or disrespects us they are very likely to say "You are SO selfish to just think of yourself"...this is an abuser's main way of saying "You are not paying enough attention to ME, you must worship ME and you must allow ME to control and abuse you". 


Today, I would love to invite you to join me in a cup of tea





steeped with love and presented to you with the beautiful fragrance of fresh flowers and the beauty of fine china cups and saucers. I will make homemade blueberry scone for us to enjoy. I would love to see YOU enjoy something that YOU enjoy today. You are worth it. If I would go to "all this trouble" for you; will YOU do something nice for YOU today? What might that be? Will you choose to enjoy it NO MATTER WHAT anyone else might say to you? I hope so. You deserve to enjoy the "simple pleasures" in life. If nothing else comes to mind, make yourself a cup of tea and imagine that I am sitting with you enjoying your company...what a nice simple pleasure to share.