Sunday, April 7, 2013

Are you aggravated???



This life can be SO irritating, grating and totally frustrating to the point that we are constantly aggravated and "rubbed the wrong way". It hurts and we learn to adapt.
We learn to survive.

Maybe we don't always slow down to realize that maybe the difficulties, the hard places, the unpleasant conversations and unfair challenges will create something good in our life. We can only hope that something good will come out of all of our pain.
We want it to count for something.



While we are healing from abuse, it doesn't feel good. I remember many days while separated from an abusive husband, pending divorce that I second guessed myself. I back peddled in mind, thinking that I could have done more to make things right. I felt sorry for myself. I felt rejected and alone and angry. All those feelings, that I had always had with me, had no other way to manifest into feelings that I could really use to grow and heal through all of this. I remember crying out "it's not fair", "why should I be the one who has to give up so much?". But I realized that the only things that I had truly lost were just things. They could be replaced. And in all of my loss, I found myself. I found the person, when told that I couldn't do it would reply "just watch me". I found my strength, my power and my true self. I was irritated beyond what I thought I could handle to the point of it managing to "smooth out my rough edges". I became more "refined" in the process. I became a "pearl" that was created out of the rough, hard, unfair and unloving treatment of others. Who knew??? I didn't even know that I could "make it out the other side", let alone, come out in better shape, more beauty and more strength than when I first started.

The healing journey is hard and can be painful but is truly worth it. And no matter what you have to "go through", just go through it and don't look back.

But always look inward. Inside, you are becoming more beautiful every day. Let the beauty being created within, come out. Let your strength shine with a luster that the world cannot take away from you.

You are a pearl...don't ever forget that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...