Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Think Big

Shared from Dodinsky's "The Garden of Thoughts" on Facebook


I think a lot about the process of thinking and the content of my thoughts and how I came to the conclusions that I have. I have learned that WHAT I think and HOW I think about life will directly effect the magnitude of my life.


When I think of the "magnitude of our thoughts", I am instantly reminded of a book that I read many years ago title "Think Big", written by Dr. Benjamin Carson, African American Neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Medical Center. He has inspired me to keep growing, keep learning, keep dreaming and more importantly, keep reaching for my goals. 


Let's look at some of his quotes to get an idea or two of how we can THINK BIG!!! 



“People are simply not willing to look at their problems honestly 
and admit that they have problems.” 
       Dr. Benjamin Carson


Dr. Carson is talking all about self-discovery, integrity and above all, rejection of denial in our lives. I have this to be one of the BIGGEST obstacles to clear from our lives in order to "find ourselves, heal from abuse and learn to dream again".

“It does not matter where we come from or what we look like. 
If we recognize our abilities, are willing to learn and to use what we know in helping others, 
we will always have a place in the world.” (BC)


His insight is only exceeded by his HOPE for all people to "have a place in the world". We ALL have value. We all have something to offer and something that we ourselves as well as others enjoy about us. A willingness to learn and then USE what we know in order to help others is a great goal for our lives.

“We get out of life what we put into it. 
The way we treat others is the way we ourselves get treated.” (BC)


This seems to follow "you reap what you sow" principle. We get out of life what we put into it. Why not put "our all" into it??? We are worth the investment. 

“I am convinced that knowledge is power - to overcome the past, 
to change our own situations, to fight new obstacles, 
to make better decisions.”  (BC)


Here is the "Pièce de résistance"...the crowning thought of his quotes. Learning must involve increasing our knowledge base about life, ourselves and learn how to focus our thoughts and energy toward making healthy decisions so that we can all be "Singing a New Song". 

THINK BIG...your dreams deserve BIG thoughts because you are worth it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...