Monday, December 9, 2013

IMAGE IN some happiness into your life




We have ALL imagined "the worst case scenarios" in our lives at times and most of the time they did not manifest. We were able to ward off the evil that we feared and continue on with our lives.

BUT have we IMAGINED some GOOD into our lives lately??? Have you allowed yourself to really DREAM about what you would want your life to BE and how YOU would like to BE and actually pursue it???




I will never forget the day that I allow my imagination the freedom to roam...to adventure beyond the borders of my safe and predictable life. I asked myself the HARD question. "Do I really want to live the rest of my life like this?" and my answer to myself was a very LOUD and BLATANT "NO". I had to allow myself to imagine my life to be other than what it is and to "let go" of the familiar life that I had known. It was scary but then again, living the remainder of my life as I had was even scarier!!! I then asked myself HOW can I stop living like this so that I can start following my dream??? I was hit with an epiphany. It was January of 2011 and I was sitting at my "cubicle" in our office at work when it "HIT" me very much like a lightening bolt out of the sky. HOW could I continue to live my life LIKE THIS after knowing what I have learned about my husband/abuser and my heart's deepest desire to "find myself, heal from abuse and learn to dream again"? I very humbling tell you now, that it "came to me"...I started writing down what I needed to take son and MOVE OUT of his father's and my home and establish a new residence for just him and myself. What monies and furniture did I really need and what could my son and I "live with"??? Living away from his father did not rate as well as living homeless in a cardboard box so I easily "let go" of conveniences and the comforts that I had known in order to have real PEACE and TRANQUILITY in my own home. He was only 8 years old at the time and very perceptive and aware of abuse toward me and was very happy to leave with me. (This is another story; another post; another blog even) I (imagined) IMAGED IN happiness into my life. 


Have you IMAGED IN (imagined) 
happiness into your life???

I allowed myself to entertain thoughts of possibilities rather than just having to DEAL with the reality that I had lived. It actually helped me to see MY LIFE AS IT WAS so that I could say NO to it and say YES to a NEW life. My imagination was my only limit.

Have you IMAGINED (IMAGED IN) the life that you have really wanted??? The worst that can happen, is that you might live "happily, ever after". Maybe not a fairy tale but then again, who knows??? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...