Thursday, September 27, 2012

Buying yourself flowers


I love sunflowers...If you haven't noticed love for them in this blog, you might have come to that conclusion by seeing Singing a New Song on Facebook. 

I don't hide my love for them. I really take great joy from seeing sunflowers in the field and even cut ones like in this picture. I love them so much that I have a beautiful bunch on my kitchen table right now...a bunch that I bought for myself. 

When was the last time that you bought yourself flowers?



As survivors of abuse, we hear about "taking good care of ourselves, having me time and doing something good for ourselves" as being a focus of healing...and really, it is only ONE of the needed elements of healing as well as a product of healing. 

I think of it as "picking flowers along my healing path". 


Go ahead...buy yourself some flowers today. Even if you don't feel like doing it...DO IT...
YOU REALLY ARE WORTH IT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...