Monday, August 29, 2011

Going back (to get) my future

If you are a movie lover, you are sure to have seen and enjoyed the movie, "Back to the Future" from the mid 80's. This story is truly one of the sci-fi/fantasy genres best movies of all time. Have you ever thought of what part of your life, what date in your history that you would like to revisit and relive? Have you ever wondered if you had left "part of you" behind? What past event might you want to "do over" that would ultimately change the path that your present life has taken and transform it into being the life "that you should have had"?  Even considering the possibility of regaining a part of our lives that might have been lost is the romance behind this intriguing tale.

This is even more of a reality to me than one might first see from the outside looking into my life. I was GREATLY affected by the "De Lorean 80's". I had even ridden in several of the DMC's or DeLoreans; the futuristic gull-wing car that was used as the time machine in the movie. In ways, it has become my time machine as well. Whenever I see one, I am "transported" back to that time where I had to go to "find my future", the life that I am now living. My life was forever changed and affected by this era and more so, by one man. Over 30 years ago this next month, I met the tall, dark, good looking young man with whom I quickly and irrevocably fell in love. I can say that for the both of us it was truly love at first sight.


As with all TRUE love stories; there is always tragedy. Like Romeo and Juliet; the pressures of family and life can pull apart the hearts and lives of even the most dedicated couple. The difference in this true story is that though our lives were  lived separate and apart from each other; they ironically paralleled with the same sadness and hopelessness of knowing that there was only one true love for us and falsely believing that we would never be together again.                                                              

Read more here: 

This blog was begun with the purpose of my dealing with; accepting and healing from domestic abuse from my second husband. There are books that will never be written about this relationship; one of domestic abuse and control. Mental cruelty and betrayal ending in bigamy was the fateful and painful path of a marriage to a personality disordered spouse. I miraculously survived (body, soul and mind) and wholly hope to share the healing path that I had taken to the door step of my biggest DREAM come true. I survived and then took my time machine BACK TO OUR FUTURE and this has become my passion and sole (soul) focus of my blogging and book writing. I am in process of writing our story; in memoir/story form. It is a beautiful, sad, adventuresome and fun love story. My wish for everyone is that you will search out your dreams and consider regaining parts of yourself and your life that you think you might have left behind. It is not too late. Your dreams CAN come true.  You are welcome to borrow my "Time Machine" and go with me on my trip "Back to Our Future".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...