Sunday, March 10, 2013

Where are YOU? Have you "found yourself"?




Being an introvert, I may have always been more NATURALLY inquisitive about "what is inside" of ME. I really only learned in the past 15 years that this may be very different from what others may experience. I have always sensed that I was part of another WHOLE WORLD inside of me; music, art, writing, fully embracing the world both within me and outside of me with my whole heart. I have always striven to become "who I really am". I understand that it MIGHT NOT be so natural for others, especially those of us who have been damaged by abuse. 

I care about "where you are" on your healing journey. 
Won't you join me in "walking down your life's path" 
for a few moments? 





Everyone matures and grows at different rates, with different influences, obstacles and  perspectives. So you may have started on your journey of "finding you" when you were a teen. You may have been "fighting to be YOU" and rebelling against authority of your parents and teachers and even society. This might have led you to ESCAPE the journey of "finding you" by busying yourself in substance abuse, illicit and risk taking relationships or perhaps you might have I HID within  ART, SCIENCE, LOGIC, ORGANIZATION, TEACHING, SPORTS...But thinking that we are adding VALUE to our lives by adding PLEASURE to it through these activities is an illusion and only a distraction from "becoming who we really are". 

We may trying to find ourselves after realizing that damaging abuse required that we learn how to take good care of ourselves...I know that it was a failed marriage, one that I found that I was married to a man with an addiction, possibly used to HIDE FROM HIMSELF the pain, sorrow or fear that he hid deep within his heart. I could see this "need" in others and eventually realized that I was seeing it in myself as well. 


I "found myself" in the things that I love...music, art, philosophy. The more I enjoyed these disciplines, the more I actively invested my life into their study and further enjoyment. I added something of myself to my love of music, I started writing songs. Then I recorded and performed those songs. I could SEE MYSELF in my songs. The songs were "birthed" out of me. I "found myself" in the things that I LOVE. 

We may have learned that we have HID from ourselves, denied our pain and sorrow, pushed down other's opinions and rejection of who we are and have even "lost our selves" in the process. However your path has led you to "finding yourself" has been part of what was taught and presented to you as "being life" and is very normal. But we all have an EPIPHANY and begin to embark on this healing journey where we may find that we do not want to live our lives without "finding yourself, healing from abuse and learning to dream again", as we realize that this is the only healthy way to live our lives..

BE HEALTHY...TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU today...
YOU are worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...