Monday, October 31, 2011

Looking inside me; not afraid to see who I really am.

This above all, to thine own self be true.
~ William Shakespeare

NO matter what happens in this life; I just want to scream: to YOUR OWN SELF...BE TRUE! 
I strongly believe that people are so messed up in this world today because that they have learned to LIE to themselves, live in denial and BE dishonest with themselves about who they really are. They have not taken William's quote and applied it to their lives; "to thine own self, be true".
 Truth hurts - not the searching after; the running from!  
~John Eyberg
How many times have we "run from ourselves". A song from the musical "Pippin" called Simple Joys (Ben Vereen- Simple Joys from Pippin) gleefully and truthfully states it clearly.
He ran from all the things he done, 
he ran from things he'd just begun, 
he ran from himself 
now that's mighty far to run....

The self is a remarkably fragile yet undeniably real concept. I embrace the woman who is "me". I affirm her and acknowledge that she is unique and special in all the world and worthy of my time and attention. It might feel strange or peculiar at first to "talk about yourself" in second person but I believe that it helps me to "see me" from a more objective and respectful position. I can then "look inside me" to see who I have become and feel with great joy and sometimes great pain, the events that have formed who I am. I can calmly look at the choices that I have made and even realize that I have lately made some VERY good choices for myself and my young son and feel good about them, their effects and how it reflects upon on my personal growth and healing.

I encourage you today to NOT be afraid to "look inside yourself". I would say that very deep within you is a remarkably unique and wonderful person; just waiting for you to help him or her, get out of the bondage of abuse and pain and begin to live life fully and freely. You are worth it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...