Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waking up with a smile

I have been found guilt and convicted...of waking up with a smile on my face. HOW COULD I NOT smile with the waking thought that I am finally with the man that I have loved FIRST and loved through almost 26 years of separation. Those years were hell for both of us. (see Back to Our Future Stories Page) So many indications and pieces of evidence are everywhere; poems, ceramic dragons (with two "baby dragons" coming out of their shells), pictures and a gold pearl ring from his mother remind us daily that we really refused to live without each other's memory though there seemed to be NO real possibility of ever seeing each other; let alone, loving each other again and for always. I think of all the years that I woke up with "dread" all over my face; my forehead squished up in pain, my teeth clenching or nerves feeling raw all over my body to where getting up out of bed was the LAST THING that I wanted to do. This is of course when my "last husband" was working nights and I DID have several  good reasons to get up in the morning;  one was that he was NOT lying next to me and I could get my son  dressed and ready for school as well as get myself to work; all positive.

Have you ever "woken up with a smile?". If not, when you wake up after your next night's sleep, think of the ONE THING that you are waking up FOR. I could also think of my son ;now but I have had the pleasure and joy of thinking of the man lying next to me with his arm around my waist whom I have LONGED to love and BE WITH for over 25 years.  I don't even try to contain or suppress that "I am happy to be alive" smile, I just enjoy it.

Thinking on "good things" is a joyful way to wake up every morning; it is really more like the REASON we WANT TO GET UP in the morning. And you know, that NOTHING can PUT that smile on our face like having what really brings us joy in our lives. When we have JOY in our lives; WE HAVE LOVE in our lives. WE DESERVE IT.

Hope your tomorrow starts out with a SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...