Monday, December 5, 2011

When you have had ENOUGH...

Discontent is the first necessity of progress.  
Thomas A. Edison

I think that we often think of "not being happy" or at times, feeling disappointed and with that I feel that we have missed out on one of the truest and purest feelings that we have...contentment. 
To be content is to feel no lack for the essentials of life.


 
This is Moose. If this isn't contentment, I don't know what is!


I have learned to be content in whatever situation I have found myself. I may not be happy with everything in my life, every moment. But it does mean that I have accomplished and succeeded in my being "to the point of wanting no more", at least for now. 






Discontent is one of those feelings that sneaks upon you. You wake up one day and say "HEY, I am NOT happy here!" Discontent has reared its ugly but truthful head in our lives. We can then expose it and all the places where the discontent is hiding; by shedding the light of truth upon it.

Denial is also another feeling; some say it is a defense mechanism that is helpful and then turns on us with a vengeance, binding us believe what we are NOT seeing in order to try to NOT become discontent. When denial is dropped and its deceptive veil torn before our eyes, we will then see the true motivation for our progress; what makes it necessary for us to "change"...discontentment.

If I had NOT been discontent to remain in an abusive marriage; I would never have looked for the way out. My way out was just as simple as saying to myself "I deserve better".

1 comment:

  1. Has your level of "discontent" risen to the place where you can say "I deserve better than this?". I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts...