Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dare to dream


Do you have a DREAM??? 

I would really like to know. I would LOVE to hear about it but more than that, I want YOU to know.  You NEED to know.

Do you WANT to see your DREAM "come true??" YOU CAN. I KNOW that you CAN because I have seen MY DREAMS come true!!!

I have actually seen THREE of my dreams fulfilled in my life so far so I KNOW that DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE but it is NOT without our vision and persistence.


My first DREAM was envisioned while I was in high school. I love France, the French language, culture, art and food and I was in the "French Club" and enjoyed time with others who felt the same. I remember "telling myself"..."SOMEDAY, I want to have quiche on the Champs-Élysées" I wanted to have lunch but more specifically, I wanted to enjoy QUICHE on the street between the The Arc de Triomphe (Arch of Triomphe )and the Tour Eiffel (Eiffel Tower). I must add that I NEVER REALLY BELIEVED that I would EVER go to Europe let alone visit France or Paris and actually see this dream come true. Upon going on a short term missions trip, my heart was moved for France and I was sent for two weeks to see Paris, Montlucon, Fontbulont, Orange, Vichy, Lyon and Marseilles. I returned to Paris before my return to the States and "had quiche on the Champs-Élysées."...I SPOKE out my dream and held it in my heart and would NOT let it go. I took the opportunity and VOILA!!! 
My dream came true.

Line graph of my dreams and their fulfillment (cloud). My age at time of fulfillment is below the line.
My second DREAM was to be with the man whom I FIRST loved and planned to marry before we were so tragically parted and separated for 25 years. After two marriages and divorces, we reunited. My FIRST love...my last and only love. I had DREAMT of him all those years, even during marriages to "interlopers" as he calls them as he was also thinking of me and loving me from afar while with his wives. My DREAM HAS COME TRUE...after my second divorce, I gave up everything; my job, "future", local friends and family and most of all, my "Chorale" that I had enjoyed singing with for five years. I WAS WILLING TO LET EVERYTHING ELSE GO  so I could have my life with the man whom I have always loved. 
My (our) DREAM came true.

My third and by far, NOT the least of them is seeing my DREAM of writing and recording and performing MY OWN ORIGINAL SONGS come true. I had actually started writing songs before I was 30 years old but by the time that I was 36, I was "ready" to see that dream come true. I had only gone to a concert at a church and felt very strong connection with a "brother" there and later returned and almost immediately began preparing music for an evening worship service and he and I then began to write music together. One song was written JUST before I went on my missions's trip to France and when I returned, he had "completed" the melody and piano portion of my song and played it for me. We recorded it and I had opportunity to sing it at a conference. 
ANOTHER "DREAM COME TRUE".

OK, these dreams may not seem REALLY big to you but they were and ARE really big to me. They are constant reminders that if I can dream it, I can do it and I can become it. 

We might even say that these not only were MY dreams but they thoroughly depended directly UPON ME to see them fulfilled...NO ONE could do it for me, matter of fact, no one else KNEW about my desire for quiche or songwriting. The only dream that was totally dependent upon a person other than myself was my DREAM COME TRUE with my FIRST LOVE. I could have been CRUSHED emotionally but was willing to KNOW THE TRUTH...gladly, my dream came true and I am totally happy with my decision. 

My next DREAM is to return to the work force and use my education in Nutrition and Dietetics to begin preparing and serving food and THEN ONTO Culinary School...Can I do it??? I KNOW that I can because it is MY DREAM.

What is YOUR dream? Don't be shy or timid. NOW is NOT the time to shirk back but to SPEAK OUT and MAKE your DREAM a reality. I did it didn't I??? And SO CAN YOU!!!

"Find yourself, heal from abuse and LEARN TO DREAM AGAIN"...YOU ARE worth it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...