Saturday, February 16, 2013

WE HAVE THE CHOICE


Does it ever seem that you only look ahead in hopes of seeing "the light at the end of the tunnel" of abuse but see nothing but darkness? That is how it feels when we think that we have NO choice but to endure it. In the midst of "finding me", I began to understand that I there were choices that ONLY I COULD make. They may have seemed limited and even restricted by outside influences but it was clear to me that I ALWAYS HAD CHOICES. 

It is SO IMPORTANT to CHOOSE to make GOOD decisions...Sometimes we need to make a decision with very little information. Some may seem to be made in haste. Some can be firmly made because we finally CHOSE not to live life with abuse. A series of well planned good decisions CHANGED my thoughts and life slowly. Little by little, choice by choice, my healing path began to manifest itself before me. My life became more of my own to live. 



Many friends tried to encourage me to leave the marriage to an horrendously controlling, verbally and emotionally abusive man but that choice seemed TOO big to make...I had to learn to make MANY smaller choices on my healing path. I learned the amazing thing about personal power that I refer to as the Power of "NO".  "NO" is such a small word with such a BIG impact. When we verbalize and act upon what we firmly believe, we can SAY NO and realize that it is no more than making a "little choice" and taking ONE STEP on our healing journey. It is not a drastic step to say "NO"... it is a giant step in healing to realize that WE HAVE THE CHOICE to say NO.

We ALL deserve to find our personal power, make healthy decisions that positively affect our lives and realize that "Life is the sum of all your choices"...Make good choices today. ADD to your life and make it more of what you really want it to become. You don't HAVE TO live this way! You can "Sing a New Song"...I did and so can you!!!

YOU are worth it!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...