Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day celebration...I am free from abuse.

This is the third  Independence Day that I have been able to truly celebrate my independence from abuse. Freedom. We take it SO for granted. Maybe we even thought that being married "to a christian" would "free us" from the woes of the "World" and we would not "suffer" as some do...WRONG! The divorce rate for Christians is NO different than the divorce rate for the general population and this should NOT be so! We are "freed" to be FREE in deed!!!! We are not "set free" to be "in bondage" to a "christian husband" who is pounding his fist and screaming "You will submit to me"...Yes, I know the above "scene" sounds improbable and surreal; but it happened and it happened to me MORE than once while I was living with a Narcissistic Personality Disordered man who was masquerading as a "christian"...I don't apologize for my perspective as I truly believe that HE BELIEVES that he is a christian but I am convinced that he is "deceived and deceives others", he is one that is referred to "as a wolf in sheep's clothing".

This is such a "crazy-making" concept that if your head is spinning right now, I apologize but I will clarify that it is NORMAL to feel confused and dazed at such "behavior". It is abuse and that is what abuse does to its victims; stuns them and as they "lie there" trying to get enough strength to get up and run away, more verbally abusive words are thrown at them such as "you are worthless", "who would want you?"..."You are a contentious, disobedient, un submissive wife who needs to be chastised"..."You deserve to be treated the same way that you have treated me" and one of the MORE crazy-making statements that I have ever heard is "I have always loved you and treated you the best that any man WILL ever treat a woman"...Being so dazed and confused, a woman's self esteem is shattered as her soul and any dreams for a "happy life" escape. She remains "in bondage" to the vows that she made in "good faith" to a man whom she believed would "love, honour and cherish" her all the days of her life. She feels stuck, lost and unloved...this is NO way for a "Christian marriage" to be.

On this Independence Day, let us also celebrate the personal freedom to live "as we are"; we are "free to be" the "me" that only God created and He has NOT taken away that right and given His power to any person who would use it to abuse us...enjoy FREEDOM today and say NO to abuse.

BTW: I went to a fireworks display and celebrated this freedom with "bombs bursting in air"...the "bombs" of abuse that are NO LONGER in my life...

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts...